Tags



Last week I made a Group Policy Preferences GPO to push a (Windows 7) scheduled task to some machines.  I wanted it to run as the Local System account.  Apparently this is the default for Computer-targetted tasks anyway but I had difficulty working out how to set this in the GUI.

The task did not appear and the local application log contained error 4098 from source “Group Policy Scheduled Tasks”.  The error was:

“The computer ‘Scheduled Task Item Name’ preference item in the ‘GPO Name {GUID}’ Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code ‘0x80070534 No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.’ This error was suppressed.”

At least that told me I was doing the account incorrectly.  I fiddled with it again and then got a new error:

“The computer ‘Scheduled Task Item Name’ preference item in the‘GPO Name {GUID}’ Group Policy object did not apply because it failed with error code ‘0x80041316 The task XML contains an unexpected node.’ This error was suppressed.”

What an odd error message.  After searching, I found a thread with some possible solutions, and here’s the one that worked:
GPP-SchTasks-Fix

Advertisements